Thursday, July 22, 2010

Family ..our life..our soul

Salam...kids!..kids!...kids!...some will say tiring..some say annoying..some will say the most wonderful gift from Allah, and we, receiving this gift means we have the responsibility as a parents..to shape..color, protect and to love them.

Hhmmmm...being kids now days is very challenging...still remember our time those days..TV only started @5pm, no KFC (only in KL)so does McD and others fast food, no computer...so less disturbance kan?...time goes so slow... Still remember..every weekend it's a compulsory for either me or my sister to follow mom to 'pekansari',(fuhhh...such a boring, tiring and smelly trip) where she will enjoyed all these kampung vegetables even took the opportunity to learn new kampung recipe from the 'makcik' seller too!!..then for the day...for sure we will be a 'food tester' of the day n it's a must to finish it too!!! Thinking back of those days.. will our kids know..daun maman, pucuk leban, buah kerdas, buah rom, ikan sepat, ulam raja, daun cekur, pucuk gajus,pucuk mata itik, pucuk asam (masak lemak cili api with prawn..fuhh!!)...mayb some of us also did'nt know much of these kampung things or either had forgotten many of it.

Like it or not, our hectic life had played a big role in the type of food we choose.. Time is Money!! Most of the fast food restaurant is our choice..it's fast and a lot of varieties...this is what kids love most. Me..myself have this habit of reading the packaging/wrapper of every item we bought...no need to be a 'chemist' to understand the nutritious/contain %...and my finding always amused me...and my logic imagination scare me off on how many spoonful of salt/fat/sugar intake per meal as compare to it's nutritious value. This awareness gave me a wake up call..to be a Smart Mother that able to make a smart choice..to give a smart food to produce a smart kids....fresh and nutritious food is my choice with less of fat/sugar/salt...a healthier kids..and healthier lifestyle.

Ikan bakar...sup daging..sup ayam is the most frequent recipes i did those days, hearing comment from kids..Asyik-asyik ini jer!!! (My kids is a good commenter, worst than their father!!)I started to study more of new style/new marinate for beef and chicken even soup for the vege..love to see the kids enjoying it (they still do!!). Compliments from hubby and children give me the strength that one day, i want to share this enjoyable moment with other moms out there...and here it is my dream..SeleraHouse Steamboat n Grills ..my passion..my dream..and my love.

Dedicated this to my beloved Hubby and to all Mothers out there..Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment